A long while a back a leaker perfectly predicted Pokémon GO’s Water Festival before it happened. Now, the leaker is back, and his sources seem to be telling him something even more exciting is in the cards.
That would be a new “Evolution Event,” which is supposed to arrive next week and be the official kick-off of Gen 4 in Pokémon GO, introducing a few new Pokémon like the babies and ghosts events of Gen 2 and 3.
- Gen 4 evolutions of previous gen Pokémon (they mentioned Magmortar, Electrivire and Rhyperior specifically)
- New evolution items, including elemental stones (not sure about this, they never had fire stone and such so I’m confused)
- Double XP for evolving and spinning Pokestops
- Pokémon max storage increased to 2000
- Increased rate of evolution items from Pokestops
- Increased spawn rate of evolved Pokemon
- Gen 3 evolutions finally released in the wild (except Milotic)
- New quests that reward evolution items
- New raids with previous evolution item Pokémon (they mention Scizor as example)
- New shop boxes with lucky eggs and raid passes
- We will get a new update before the event
There are about two dozen Pokémon in Gen 4 that are evolutions of Gen 1, 2 and 3 Pokémon, and if this event is real, I wouldn’t expect all of them to arrive at once, but a fair chunk? Sure, why not.
I am less skeptical of the idea of finally introducing evolution stones into Pokémon GO, because it seems like it’s far past time at this point. After all, if GO can have evolution items, why can’t we finally also have evolution stones as well? Hopefully this means we can finally start picking our Eevee evolutions instead of having them be random, and if this event is next week, that would mean evolution stones could arrive before the Eevee Community Day in August, which would obviously be welcome. And yes, there are two new Eevee evolutions arriving with Gen 4 as well, Leafeon and Glaceon.
Sure, I am skeptical of this leak as I am all leaks, but given the sourcing and the fact that it would make a lot of sense, given how evolution-focused Gen 4 is, I can easily see it happening. This sounds like it would be one of Pokémon GO’s better events, and I am curious if or when we’re going to hear anything official from Niantic about it, now that the cat is theoretically out of the bag.
I have already written about which candies you should be saving for Gen 4 evolutions of Gen 1, 2 and 3 Pokémon, so you may want to reference that again here ahead of this alleged event. Who wouldn’t want a bunch of fresh Gen 4 evolutions as soon as possible, after all? I’m really looking forward to Rhyperior specifically.
Stay tuned for more information, as hopefully we’ll hear something from Niantic directly soon.