The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you’ll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
Apple / Huawei
- A Chinese tech maker called Huawei recently released a competitor to the MacBook Pro ($1,200) called the MateBook X Pro ($1,200), but instead of ripping Apple off, it made a better machine.
- The MateBook X Pro has a better processor, bigger battery, and more storage than the MacBook Pro. Its display quality and graphics card are both on par with Apple’s.
- Apple sacrificed standard USB ports and a traditional keyboard to make the MacBook Pro thin and light, but the MateBook X Pro has both while being thinner and lighter.
- Apple also charges $70 for a separate USB-C adapter that turns one of the MacBook Pro’s Thunderbolt 3 ports into an HDMI and USB port. Huawei includes a similar adapter that also has a VGA port on it in the box. A nice touch.
- Read on to see which one is the better overall machine.
If you want to see more from Insider Picks, we’re collecting emails for an upcoming newsletter. You’ll be the first to hear about the stuff we cover. Click here to sign up .
Follow us on Pinterest.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Business Insider’s Insider Picks team. We aim to highlight products and services you might find interesting, and if you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback.
Have something you think we should know about? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.