The newis already making waves for delivering a for close to half the cost of many premium phones. It’s not $1,000 or even $800 — it’s just $549 (£499, AU$774 converted) for the 128GB model.
That credit is applied over the course of a 24-month Equipment Installment Plan, meaning you’ll pay just $11.67 per month for the 6T (not including service, of course).
Typically such trade-in deals give you maximum credit only for high-end/current-gen phones; the value drops with older models. Here, T-Mobile is giving you $300 across the board, for any of these phones:
- Apple: iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Google: Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel, Pixel XL
- LG: V30, V30+, G7, V20, G6
- Motorola: Z2 Force, Z2 Play, Nexus 6
- OnePlus: 6, 5T, 5, 3, 3T, X, 2, 1
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 series, Note 8, Galaxy S7 series, Galaxy S6 series, Note 5
Although T-Mobile’s product page doesn’t specify the required condition for the trade-in, a company rep told me it must be “in good working condition — no cracked screen, no liquid damage.” But regular wear-and-tear is fine.
The OnePlus 6T goes on sale at 3 a.m. PT on Thursday, Nov. 1, and will be available at T-Mobile stores and on T-Mobile.com. If you live in New York, you can purchase the phone from T-Mo’s Times Square store starting Monday at 5 p.m. ET.
What do you think? The 6T is already a pretty sweet deal at $549, and if you have an older phone like the iPhone 6, Galaxy S6 or OnePlus 2, it’s unlikely you’d get anywhere near $300 for it elsewhere.