Health

Woman Dies Of Flesh-Eating Bacteria After Going Undiagnosed Following 2 Separate Doctor Visits

Written by admin

A woman died after being consumed by flesh-eating bacteria despite visiting a doctor two separate times. The woman contracted the flesh-eating bacteria after a recent vacation in Florida.  ( Pixabay )

A woman from Indianapolis died after developing flesh-eating bacteria following a vacation to Florida. Carol Martin was 50 years old at the time of her death, her husband says that Martin may have contracted flesh-eating bacteria after going for a dip in a hot tub.

Martin died shortly after contracting the flesh-eating bacteria.

Undiagnosed Flesh-Eating Bacteria

Carol Martin and her husband Richard Martin took a vacation to St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida shortly before her death. Her husband believes that her decision to use the hot tub during their trip was the cause of her death, according to WRTV. After the trip, Martin found that she had a nickel-sized infection on her buttocks.

Richard Martin describes the infection as a pimple that had appeared on her right butt cheek. This infection started to grow and become painful so she had to seeks medical attention for it. Martin went to the doctor two separate times, both times she was prescribed antibiotics and given heating pads to stop the infection from spreading.

After the two visits with the treatments not working to stop the spread, doctors did a biopsy during Martin’s third trip to the doctor. Results of the biopsy showed that Martins had contracted flesh-eating bacteria.

Martin’s infection continued to spread and she would later have to be rushed into surgery to treat the infection. After the surgery Martin spent 16 days in the intensive care unit, she died over two months after the surgery on May 5.

Hot Tub Theory

Her husband continues to push his theory that Carol Martin contracted flesh-eating bacteria after she went in the hot tube. Richard Martin told WFLA that Carol was the only person out of the group that went in the hot tub during the vacation. He added that no one else that was on the trip with them became sick after returning home.

Richard says that he’s not 100 percent sure but he suspects that the cause was the hot tub. Martin and her husband stayed at the Days Inn in Clearwater, Florida.

Carol Martin’s death has not been attributed to flesh-eating bacteria. The Marion County coroner’s office will take up to three months to determine whether or not Martin’s death was caused by flesh-eating bacteria. It already collected tissue samples that will have to be tested for flesh-eating bacteria.

Flesh-eating bacteria affects between 600 to 1200 people in the U.S. every year, according to the Centers for Disease Control. It can spread quickly and affects the body’s soft tissue by killing it.

See Now: Things You Should Never Search For On Google — You’ve Been Warned

© 2018 Tech Times, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)


Source link

About the author

admin

Leave a Comment